Get the maximum efficiency out of your gas appliance by taking the following steps:
- To prevent winter heat loss and summer cooling, keep your home well insulated.
- Regularly clean all gas equipment, vents and chimneys and change filters as often as necessary.
- Perform regular maintenance on all gas appliances.
- In the winter, keep the temperature in your house at 68 degrees during the day and 62 degrees at night. Also, maintain a temperature of 62 degrees while away from your home.
- Be sure to monitor your gas water heater temperature. Refer to your instruction manual for temperature efficiency guidelines. Be careful not to set your heater too high to avoid scalding.
- When cooking on a gas range, plan to cook your entire meal at once.
- When washing or drying clothes, do not over wash or over dry clothing.